Amazing Facts About Planet Earth

By  |  0 Comments

Have you ever consider about the planet Earth we live?

Here’re some amazing facts about Planet Earth

1. Earth doesn’t take 24 hours to complete a single cycle. It really takes it 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4 seconds to complete a cycle and space experts call this a sidereal time.

2. Ever knew why we call the Earth the Blue Planet? That is as of 70% of the Earth’s surface acquired by water! From the 70% the Planet Earth just 3% of it is pure water, the other 97% of it is salted water. From this 3% more than 2% remain in ice covering and iceberg, which means under 1% is in lakes and rivers.

3. 33% of the Earth’s surface is either somewhat or completely desert.

4. The planet Earth is the only home within our solar system where a Solar Eclipse can happen.

5. Since we know the fact that life has just existed on Earth since 150 – 200 million years, the Earth itself is about 5 billion years of age!

6. If you dig a hole right into the Earth and jump in, then it would carry you around 42 minutes to reach to the opposite side!

7. The planet Earth weighs around 5,974,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms, that is generally the same measure of weight as 54,807,339,449,541,284,403 almost 55 quintillion of Blue Whales (the heaviest animal).

8. The Earth is the only planet in our solar group not named after any God. Whereas other seven planets in the solar group named after Roman god or goddesses. Five of them visible to the open eye Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn they named between ancient times.

9. The Earth’s rotation is continuously decreasing. Although it is decreasing so negligible (around 17 milliseconds for every hundred years).

Hope you enjoy reading this. Give your comments below. 🙂

Enjoy readers.

You may also like: Unusual Facts that will Surprise You

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.