Home-Made Remedies and Prevention For Acnes During Pregnancy
Acnes during pregnancy is common during first and second trimester of pregnancy. It is mainly due to the irregular balance of hormones. Hormonal changes occur when a female gets pregnant. The increase in hormones called androgens causes the glands in the skin to grow and produce more sebum, an oily waxy substance. This oily substance blocks the pores and leads to swelling and acne outbreak.
However, these acnes are temporary. They are likely to get cleared up once your hormones return to normal. So the best thing to do is to avoid any treatment of acne medications. You can rely on non-drug home remedies. But before starting any treatment consult your doctor about what is best and safe for you.
One of the best ways to treat acne is by improving your diet. Replace your diet with more anti-oxidant foods which will help to improve your acne condition terrifically.
Some examples of food which are rich in anti-oxidants are:
- Dark green vegetables (spinach, broccoli, etc.)
- Kidney beans
- Food rich in Vitamin E
You may also like: Pre-Pregnancy Planning | Health Tips For Pregnant Women
Some of the natural home-made remedies:
- Coconut Oil: Its anti-fungal properties prevents acne from coming up on your skin. Apply it at least once a day instead of using your moisturizer. Its effect is really amazing.
- Honey: It is considered as one of the best antiseptics. Apply honey on the affected area and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it with warm water.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Mix vinegar and water in 1:3 ratio. Apply it on the affected area with the help of cotton balls. It helps in absorbing the extra oil produced by the skin.
Image credit: Wikimedia by Phongnguyen1410
Here are some tips to help your skin stay beautiful, glowing, and free from acnes during pregnancy
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking lots of water.Avoid beverages.
- Eat a healthy diet containing fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Rest as much as you can.Avoid stress and fatigue.
- Wash your face 2-3 times a day with a gentle cleanser.
- Avoid touching your face frequently.
- Avoid make-ups.
- Alter your pillows and towels often.
- Consult your doctor frequently.
Do follow the above-mentioned points, remedies and prevention to avoid acnes during pregnancy.If you some acne pop up, avoid touching it or scratching it, just follow the natural remedies above to get rid of those acnes within few days. Happy Healthy Pregnancy. Good luck and take care.
You may also like: Exercises That Can Do Wonders During Pregnancy